Days: Monday – Friday
Schedule: 6a-2p or 7a-3p
Compensation: $15/hr starting with no experience.
Full Job Description
Applied Textiles is looking for a Material Handler to join their 1st shift team in Byron Center, MI
Why you should work for Applied Textiles:
- Great benefits package that includes medical coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with 10% company match, paid vacation, PTO and holidays.
- Room for Advancement – Applied Company culture is about engaging high performance work teams and learning.
- Fun company-wide events including service awards, cookouts and more
- Opportunity for candidates with no experience or gaps in their work history.
Visit www.applied-textiles.com to learn more about our company.
The primary role of Material Handler 1 is to perform a variety of duties associated with the Receiving, Inventory Control and Order fulfillment functions assigned by department Coordinator/Lead.
- Unloads and sorts inbound truck deliveries
- Identifies any fabric for inbound packaging issues and informs IC-OF Coordinator
- Identifies, tags, and records fabric into Applied Textiles Fabric Availability System
- Locates fabric in available warehouse locations for put away process
- Conducts and verifies put away location counts for accuracy
- Conducts put away function from unbatching, exact yardage and quality inspection for completed goods.
- Conducts scheduled inventory cycle counts and reports discrepancies to IC-OF Coordinator/Operations Support Manager
- Locates and pulls fabric and drops to designated routing locations
- End of day process for daily organizing and next day set up
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Can properly operate picker equipment
- Conduct daily equipment start-up inspections for picker
- Can operate RF scanner
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and processes in verbal and written form.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees and wide range of functional areas.
- Capacity of using a computer and learning a system
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The work is both physically and mentally demanding. This employee is expected to be on their feet much of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, smell, and hearing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to warehouse equipment, dust, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
For more information please contact HR at (616) 559-6109.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byron Center, MI 49315: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location