Location: Byron Center, MI 49315
Full Job Description
Applied Textiles is looking for a Machine Operator in the Finishing Department to join the 1st shift team (4a-12 or 6a-2p).
Why you should work for Applied Textiles:
- Great benefits package that includes medical coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, PTO, and holidays
- Room for Advancement – The Applied Company culture is about engaging as high-performance work teams in a safe, clean environment.
Visit www.applied-textiles.com to learn more about our company.
The primary role of Machine Operator 1 is to perform a variety of duties by applying value-added processing technologies and performing related measurements to assure quality processing standards are met.
- Starts machine up and stops machine when specific amount of product has been produced.
- Navigates in Applied Textiles Fabric Availability System (FAS) for finishing to load and unload batch ID’s for processing.
- Reads FAS process specs for proper machine settings and chemical mix requirements.
- Complies to production schedule for staged A-frames and properly identifies batch ID’s for sew-ins
- Mixes chemicals in the order of FAS recipe and volume quantity requirements.
- Properly threads fabric through guides and rollers of machine per processing spec requirements for impregnations, back coatings, and powder coat applications.
- Operates machine for test run to verify spec requirements for chemical add-on and record data on daily production logs.
- Monitors and verifies that equipment (tanks, troughs, hopper) has enough chemical to complete scheduled runs and takes appropriate action to refill to prevent line downtime.
- Pre-stages chemicals for mixing to minimized changeover time.
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to heating settings, overfeed tension, width settings and speed of machine to produce product meeting desired specifications.
- Inspects product to ensure product meets specifications and to determine needs for machine adjustments.
- Assures appropriate amount of leader yardage is available and sewn in for batch change overs.
- Inspects machinery to determine adjustments or repairs needed and reports to Lead/Manager.
- Writes or types required data on the Daily Production Log.
- Conducts tasks to support VITO and trial order requirements.
- Completes daily PM Cleaning checklist and turns in to Processing Technology Lead.
- End of Day Process for organization and next day set up.
- Operates a stand up hi-lo as necessary to retrieve/stage A-frames.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn machine and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to monitor machine operation closely and accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed procedures and specifications in verbal and written form.
- Ability to pay close attention to details of material running. .
- Ability to listen and to understand information and ideas presented.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The work is both physically and mentally demanding. This employee is expected to be on their feet much of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, smell, and hearing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to warehouse equipment, dust, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
For more information please contact HR at (616) 559-6109.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byron Center, MI 49315: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location