Location: Byron Center, MI 49315
Compensation: $14.50 – $15.00/hr
Full Job Description
Applied Textiles is looking for a OM Specialist to join their 1st shift team in Byron Center, MI
Why you should work for Applied Textiles:
- Great benefits package that includes medical coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, PTO and holidays
- Room for Advancement – The Company culture is about engaging high performance work teams
- Bright and clean facility – Applied Textiles just invested into this location
Visit www.applied-textiles.com to learn more about our company.
The Order Management Specialist is responsible for order management function and daily interaction regarding order-related issues. Acts as liaison between internal customers to ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of orders.
Opportunity for candidates just entering the employment market.
- Enters customer orders into computer system to initiate order fulfillment process.
- Prints order acknowledgment to verify information against original order before filing.
- Compile and file all relevant order documentation.
- Responds to customer order changes by entering information into system and communicating changes to appropriate internal customers in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between delivery services and customers to resolve shipping problems.
- Coordinates order expediting process by communicating request to appropriate internal customers and reporting back to external customer regarding lead time status.
- Responsible for pre-receiving fabric into the computer, relaying information to internal and external customers
- Complies with all applicable safety regulations.
- Participates in team approach for continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least two years’ data entry experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Proven interpersonal communications skills, including phone, oral and written skills.
- Understanding of the order fulfillment process.
- Some post-secondary education preferred.
- Ability to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Good performance AND attendance history (less than 8 occurrences and no disciplinary actions in the last 6 months).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
M-F, 8 hours shifts
For more information please contact HR at (616) 559-6109.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byron Center, MI 49315: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location