Location: Byron Center, MI 49315
Compensation: $15 – $16.00/hr
Full Job Description
Applied Textiles is looking for a Receiving Clerk to join their 1st shift team in Byron Center, MI
Why you should work for Applied Textiles:
- Great benefits package that includes medical coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, PTO and holidays
- Room for Advancement – The Company culture is about engaging high performance work teams
- Bright and clean facility – Applied Textiles just invested into this location
Visit www.applied-textiles.com to learn more about our company.
Performs manual and clerical duties related to the receipt of product. Maintains records and process paperwork for goods received according to established procedures.
- Coordinates with the Account Management team on prioritizing is received within required lead-times or expedites, open receipts that require doc ID’s or additional routings, non-received products requiring a return status to customers.
- Reviews daily open doc ID report and coordinates with the Account Management team for resolution on receipt activity.
- Prepares incoming documents (packing lists) with swatch attached for proper roll identification
- Communicates with appropriate departments for correction of receiving errors.
- Generates nonconforming reports for receiving discrepancies or incoming damaged packages.
- Receives against doc Id’s, prints AT piece tag and attaches to roll.
- Stages completed documents to be returned to Account Management.
- Sends electronic receipt information as required.
- Updates daily the receipt log for missing ASN’s
- Participates in team approach for continuous improvement.
- End of day process daily organization and next day set up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and processes in verbal and written form.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees and wide range of functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems/issues, gather data and information, evaluate and recommend alternative and effective solutions.
- Demonstrate skills in expressing ideas clearly and effectively
- Proficient with a computer and learning a new system.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The work is both physically and mentally demanding. This employee is expected to be on their feet much of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, smell, and hearing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to warehouse equipment, dust, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byron Center, MI 49315: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location