Location: Byron Center, MI 49315
Full Job Description
Applied Textiles is looking for a Receiving Clerk to join their 1st shift team in Byron Center, MI
Why you should work for Applied Textiles:
- Great benefits package that includes medical coverage, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, PTO and holidays
- Room for Advancement – The Company culture is about engaging high performance work teams
- Bright and clean facility – Applied Textiles just invested into this location
Visit www.applied-textiles.com to learn more about our company.
The Product Development Assistant is responsible for product development functions and regular communication with all applicable departments regarding development issues to ensure accurate and timely completion of trials, testing, and new product implementation.
The Product Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the company’s vision and mission.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enters customer trials into computer system to initiate yrial process.
- Compiles and files all relevant trial documentation.
- Communicates trials, testing, quality concerns, and piece information to the applicable departments
- Utilizes independent judgement when reviewing retains for trials and communicates with internal and external contacts
- Responds to customer trial changes by entering infromation into systems and communicating changes to customer trial changes by entering infromation into systems and communicating changes to appropriate internal customers in a timely manner
- Acts as a liason between Product Development and the Accounts Team to resolve trial issues
- Supports and assists the Product Development Manager on customer issues, projects, programs, and as needed
- Develops and maintains SOP’s for Product Development and New Product Development
- Supports the determination of specs for trials, and orders (ATN and ATS)
- Retains as needed from warehouse to review trials and communicate with the Accounts Team and customers
- Maintains SDS file updates for both ATN and ATS operations with support from Product Development Manager as needed
- Reviews and analyzes test data on trials from the testing lab
- Processes memo samples for Accounts and Marketing departments
- Acts as the backup for Product Development Manager
- Complies with all applicable safety regulations
- Manages and maintains customer trials and tests plans
- Facilitates weekly and biweekly customer development calls
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least two years of customer service experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Ability to see shade, texture, and color
- Must have extremely strong administrative/organizational skills, able to work independently, have good instruction comprehension and a strong multi-tasking ability with project management experience.
- Proven interpersonal communications skills, including phone, oral and written skills.
- Understanding of the order fulfillment process.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures.
- Some post-secondary education preferred.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general content of the job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Byron Center, MI 49315: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location